Hello There , I see , You're a guest?
Oh not a big deal as you can see , you're able to see only some forums , because the forum's more member friendly and you'd be able to see all the forums which our members are able to see , and with 10+ posts you can see the "Renders Gallery"! All that just FOR FREE!!
Can you believe it? I mean , I can NOT! Haha , what are you waiting for? Register now! or Log in if you're already a member Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello There , I see , You're a guest?
Oh not a big deal as you can see , you're able to see only some forums , because the forum's more member friendly and you'd be able to see all the forums which our members are able to see , and with 10+ posts you can see the "Renders Gallery"! All that just FOR FREE!!
Can you believe it? I mean , I can NOT! Haha , what are you waiting for? Register now! or Log in if you're already a member Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 am

Dbz7

Dbz7
Sr. Castle Member
Sr. Castle Member
The title says it....someone like sandy,DD, Britt,Lighty,Ultimatus or any other experts about the effects in these images
Spoiler:

2Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Re: Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:15 am

Soul Eater

Soul Eater
Ex-Staff
There all in Photoshop hut what they use seed liters and brushes.

http://www.sportsandanime.forumotion.com

3Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Re: Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:16 am

Dbz7

Dbz7
Sr. Castle Member
Sr. Castle Member
huh?please b specific n there r GIMP ones too i guess...pls tell me even if its photoshop..

4Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Re: Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:25 am

Soul Eater

Soul Eater
Ex-Staff
Photoshop is different form
GIMP so its hard to explain. Get dd and brit to help there better.

http://www.sportsandanime.forumotion.com

5Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Re: Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:46 am

Miss Murder

Miss Murder
Sr. Castle Member
Sr. Castle Member
As Soul said, those were made in Photoshop. But, if you wanna know how to make stuff like that in GIMP, just download some GIMP Brushes off of DeviantART. I can't really go into major detail, as it is hard to explain. Just watch a tutorial I found located Here. My favorite were always abstract and grunge. Smile

Moving on, try to look at some GIMP tutorials. There are some nice tutorials Here. And if you don't like those, just google up "Gimp Tutorials" or "Gimp Sig Tutorials". Experimentation is the key~. Razz

6Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Re: Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:58 am

Dbz7

Dbz7
Sr. Castle Member
Sr. Castle Member
thanks a lot!That was a reallllyyy gr8 1 Wink

Last edited by dbzfootballfan7 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total

7Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Re: Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:00 am

Dark Duelist

Dark Duelist
Ex-Staff
Britt wrote: Experimentation is the key~. Razz

That's all I would say Wink

8Need advise from GIMP experts Empty Re: Need advise from GIMP experts Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:16 am

Lightbulb621

Lightbulb621
Sr. Castle Member
Sr. Castle Member
Dark Duelist wrote:
Britt wrote: Experimentation is the key~. Razz

That's all I would say Wink

And same here. Razz I've learned from trial and error.

But then again, I never used tuts except for smudging, which I don't really do. xD

Anyway, GIMP is similar to Photoshop in a way. It's just a bit harder to use and it takes longer. But once you get good at GIMP, you understand the process to what happens whenever you use a tool. Unlike Photoshop, where it's easier and faster, but doesn't go through ever step. Photoshop does it for you.

If you're wondering what I did to the Drew Torres sig, I didn't do much 'cause I was in a hurry and didn't really bother trying. But anyway, I used some filters to make the render more appealing and pasted on some brushes. Unfortunately, it's not anymore complicated than that. -.-"

And for the other one, it's the same with the Drew Torres one. (Blah, these two are one of my worst sigs recently) I just made a B&W adjustment layer and added a rainbow gradient layer (lowered the opacity to 5%ish). And added stock (duplicated it and erased the bg in the top layer) and text. And brushes.

So yeah, basically read/watch tutorials to get the hang of GIMP and you'll definitely improve.^^

Sponsored content

Art Castle Bot

Need advise from GIMP experts 2q31yzt Need advise from GIMP experts 15g5mcm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2009-2013 Fred100 | All Rights Reserved
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Check Powered by Forumotion